SITE PLAN FOR POPLAR CREEK COMMUNITY PROJECT TOWN OF SOUTH BOSTON, VIRGINIA
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
Sealed Bids for the construction of the Site Plan for Poplar Creek Community Project will be received, by the Town of South Boston, at the office of their Engineer, B&B Consultants, Inc., located at 706 Hamilton Boulevard, South Boston, Virginia 24592, until 2:00 p.m. local time on June 30, 2020, at which time the Bids received will be publicly opened and read. The Project consists of:
• F&I 957 LF of VDOT CG-6 curb & gutter, 531 LF of VDOT CG-9D curb entrance, (3) VDOT CG-12B curb ramps, 863 SY of concrete sidewalk, 2,403 SY of asphalt pavement, & mill & pave 1,016 SY of existing asphalt pavement
• F&I (2) VDOT DI-1 modified drop inlets, (3) VDOT DI-3 drop inlets, (3) VDOT DI-5 drop inlets, (6) VDOT ES-1 end sections, (1) VDOT MH-1 manhole, principal spillway structure, 805 LF of 15" HDPE, 91 LF of 18" HDPE, 51.5’ of 24" HDPE, & 74 LF of 24" RCP
• F&I (6) sanitary sewer manholes, 112 LF of 16" bored casing, & 1,316.5 LF of 8" SDR-35 PVC
• F&I (1) wettap tee, (4) bends, (1) fire hydrant assembly, & 524 LF of 6" C900 PVC
• F&I (32) sanitary sewer laterals/cleanouts, (16) water laterals, & (32) water meters
• F&I (1) stormwater management basin
• Mass grading (17) residential parcels
Bids will be received for a single prime Contract. Bids shall be on a lump sum and unit price basis.
Withdrawal of bids due to error shall be according to Section 2.2-4330.B.1 of the Virginia Public Procurement Act. The bidder shall give notice in writing of his claim of right to withdraw his bid within two business days after the conclusion of the bid opening procedure and shall submit original work papers with such notice.
The Issuing Office for the Bidding Documents is: B&B Consultants, Inc., 706 Hamilton Boulevard, South Boston, Virginia 24592. The contact person is Ryan Conner, 434-572-3251, email@example.com. Prospective Bidders may examine the Bidding Documents at the Issuing Office on Mondays through Fridays between the hours of 8:15 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., and may obtain copies of the Bidding Documents from the Issuing Office as described below.
Bidding Documents may be obtained from the Issuing Office during the hours indicated above. Bidding Documents are available as portable document format (PDF) files for a non-refundable charge of
$_50.00_. Alternatively, printed Bidding Documents may be obtained from the Issuing Office either via in-person pick-up or via mail, upon Issuing Office’s receipt of payment for the Bidding Documents. The non-refundable cost of printed Bidding Documents is $_100.00_ per set, payable to "B&B Consultants, Inc.", plus a non-refundable shipping charge. Upon Issuing Office’s receipt of payment, printed Bidding Documents will be sent via the prospective Bidder’s delivery method of choice; the shipping charge will